Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tag

One of my friends posted this and I thought it was very clever, I thought I'd give it a try.

01. What are your nicknames?
Lex, Lexie, Lexus, (NOT ALEX) My sister couldn't say Lexie when she was little so it was 'Lassie'. Yex, Louie, Lex-a-roo, Andre, Kid, Tangos with Buffalo, and squeaks.

02. How do you style your hair?
My friend puts Blond highlights in it and I usually blow dry it and straiten it with a flat iron, but sometimes I curl it. I guess it's 'long' but that's a relative term, it's below the shoulder. I have some layers cut in it from my hair style for the wedding, but I don't much like them.

03. What's your favorite or least favorite Christmas song?
I like the 'do you hear what I hear?' that's my most favorite. I don't really care 'white Christmas' it's a good song to start with but I'm just tired of it, it's been played to death.

04. How many colors are you wearing now?
Black and Maroon.

05. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I'm naturally an introvert but I can be an extrovert if the situation calls for me to be.

06. What was the last book you read?
Subchaser- my husband gave it to me to read, I'm not totally finished, but close. I recently listed to the Host on CD (with all my time on the road) and I loved it.

07. What's one piece of fiction that changed your life? Probably the Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I'm not sure why I think it was the first book that actually got me to start reading... before that I would only read once in a while. That book really made me feel something and I've really enjoyed reading since. Or maybe A tree grows in Brooklyn I think I was a better person because I read that, it helped me grow up a little.

08. If the person you secretly like is already taken, what would you do? It doesn't matter because I'm married to the person I love and so he IS taken-by me.

09. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
Jumping through all of the hoops to get things done, trying to get my PA license, and my Driver's license (The Oregon Medical Board wants a lot of stuff, and the Oregon DMV wants special papers that Utah doesn't seem to have). And not being able to go to my house because of the snow. (I generally like snow, but it's keeping me from doing things, so I hate it right now).

10. What's your favorite dessert?
Pumpkin Pie--hands down love it.

11. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
I try to give myself an hour but I love the snooze button and it usually ends up being 40-30 min.

12. What websites do you visit daily?
Gmail, Blogger, facebook, Other email, my bank account websites, Dr. laura.com, living on a dime.com.

13. What classes are you taking right now?
None! It's crazy, I've been going to school so long it feels strange not to have class, sort of like wearing a swimming suit in Hawaii after wearing a parka and living in Siberia all your life.

14. Do you like to clean?
When I 'm stressed cleaning calms me down, when my world around me is messy it makes me anxious. Cleaning makes me feel a lot more peaceful... I can't do it constantly but it gives me something else to focus on rather than my problems or frustrations.
.
15. What was the last song to get stuck in your head?
My husband keeps singing "Born to be Wild" so that's all I can think about right now.

16. What's the last movie you saw?
Hellboy, I've seen it before, but I had my husband watch it so we could rent Hellboy 2 this weekend.

17. Pirates or Ninjas?
Ugh… this is a hard choice. I think Ninjas are cooler, but I’d make a much better pirate. I don’t want to choose they are both awesome.

18. What is your least favorite thing to do that you have to do everyday?
I hate figuring out what to wear, I change my mind all the time, nothing fits right, and it’s just frustrating.

19. Best time of your life?
Probably right now because I’m a newlywed and I’m totally flaky and in love. I think my first two years of college were great. I’ve actually liked High school I like it all with the exception of Jr. High.

20. What are you most looking forward to in the coming month?
Starting my job, not having to commute as much, finishing unpacking and creating a ‘home’

2 comments:

Sunnishine said...

You song is so fun! That was fun getting to know you better. These transitions will pass. Devotions... I always read my Bible or a spiritual book every morning and pray. Right now I'm reading Phillip Yancey's Prayer and it has gotten me to think about prayer in a lot of different ways. I totally recommend it.

exclusive_remedy said...

Oh man, you finally read (listened to) the host? Yay! That is so awesome. Good job.