Saturday, July 3, 2010


We went to Leavenworth with mom. It was really crazy tons of people where there since it's so close to the 4th of July. Leavenworth is a town ~ 30 min from Wenatchee, it has a Bavarian theme the McDonalds, and Safeway the post office everything is decorated in the Bavarian theme. It's pretty cool, and the mountains are a good backdrop for the setting. There are a lot of festivals nearly every weekend. I have been told that Christmas time is the busiest.
We are all still grieving dad's passing, I think it will take a long time before we return to anything half-way normal.
We found out there was a tragedy with our 'adopted family' back in Oregon. We were in the Neah-Kah-Nie branch. It was a little church that we were really involved with. Our branch President's son was killed in a car crash. Barlow called them and the family seemed to be okay but I suspect they were in shock just like we were. I still can't believe my dad has died it seem so bizarre I still can't wrap my mind around it.
Mom's been doing really well, at least she acts like it. She's been whipping my spoiled dog into shape I've never thought of her as a dog person but I'm quite impressed.
I know most of us are taking one day at a time.

3 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

Take all the time you need! It's been 1 1/2 months since my brother died and I'm starting to feel better, but I know my parents and youngest brother are going to take much longer because they are the ones that saw Nelson daily. Aren't we all lucky to have fond memories to think about and the gospel that lets us know we will see our loved ones again!?

Just Me said...

One day a a time is all we need. There isn't really a "getting over it" in my opinion. We learn to deal with our loneliness, our loss - but it is never gone.

Thank heavens we know where he is, that he is in NO PAIN, that he can help you in trials from that side of the veil, and for all the teachings, advice, and memories that can sustain us when we can't make that visit or phone call that we long for.

Time does help, but everything is on a personal time table.

Keep smiling. I am so glad that Kathy was able to go be with you for awhile. She is an amazing woman!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a neat place to visit. You truly never get over a person, they are just a part of you and you always carry them in your heart. It is neat to know that you will see him again someday and I'm sure he loves you and misses you as much as you do right now. I just lost one of my grandmas in May and I know she was in really poor health, but sometimes I just can't believe that she passed away. I feel like the reality didn't even sink in until I saw her at the viewing. She had emphysema though and I'm glad she can breath again. You will get back to some kind of "normal" again, but it just wont be the same kind of normal you once had.