Tuesday, October 9, 2012

32 weeks

The last weekend of September I went to a pediatric conference in Portland. I took Barlow with me and we stayed a few extra days as sort of a vacation before the baby comes. We met with some great friends from our time when we lived in the area.
We stayed a night on the Oregon coast in a tiny town called Oceanside. We had such a nice hotel room, and had the best dinner at a place called Rosanne's.
Sunday we went to our old Neah-kah-nie ward it was so fun to see everyone. We miss living in Rockaway Beach, and our visit made us kind of homesick.

Our view from our hotel room.
Beautiful Sunset Beach


In Oceanside there is a little cave you can walk through to get to a part that is separated by the tides. It was dark and sort of creepy, and fun. I'm sure it could be dangerous if you were there at the wrong time.


Size of Baby :  Honeydew melon ~ 19 inches 4.5 lbs 



Gender: Pretty sure it's a girl. 
Sleep: This week I've slept great, except for the frequent bathroom breaks.
Miss Anything? Sushi. We have been to so many sushi places where I eat tempura and wish I was eating Sushi.

 Movement: I'm starting to get used to the movement. If it is lessened I really notice.

Food cravings: Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches

Symptoms: heart burn. I get really hungry and over eat easily because there's not as much room for food now.

Due Date: November 29th 2012

Next Dr. Appointment: Oct 17th

Getting Ready: Baby shower this coming weekend. I have had no idea what to register for it's been kind of stressful. I chose Target and Amazon because those are accessible to most people

Happy or Moody most of the time: When I get mad... I get mad. I get into a tizzy about little things these days.

Maternity clothes? Even after my mom helped me pick out clothes when she visited she also has sent me some cute clothes in the mail. I'm not sure what I'd do without her.

2 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Hmm..I don't think I actually registered for anything for any of my kids. That said, I would suggest that you need/get: a nursing pillow, (assuming you'll be nursing), an infant bathtub thing (makes bathing much easier), DIAPERS (my last shower people just brought diapers..well mostly...in all sizes and these were awesome), crib if you don't have one, though I wouldn't expect it from a shower, car seat/carrier, some sort of bouncy seat/swing to put the baby in while you do other things. The smaller ones are better as they can easily be moved from room to room. I got a huge stand up swing with my first and haven't really used it for my last two since it takes up so much room...baby clothes are also good...in all sizes since they grow fast and make lots of messes...requiring multiple outfit changes a day sometimes...a breast pump if you plan to pump...baby blankets. (although my mom made me a ton with my first and I still have some four kids later that I still haven't used). I think that's about it. Everything else is fluff you don't really need. :) Sorry if you weren't actually asking for advice...

KieraAnne said...

Oh and someone got me a baby medical kit thing with a bulb syringe, baby clippers, and a dropper in it. But given your profession you probably don't need that stuff....and I found that the adult clippers are easier for me to use then the baby ones, but my sister swears by the smaller ones, so who knows... ;)