Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?

Do you remember where you were when 911 occurred several years ago? I was just talking to Barlow's family and this is where I was. I was at work at the computer lab at Weber State University at about 5:30 am. I was clueless all through my time helping students in the computer lab. After my shift I got on the college shuttle up the hill to the health science building, and a girl (Meeda) from my apartment building came and sat by me on the bus. "Did you hear ?" she said and she told me all about it. She was funny kid, so I didn't really think she was serious but oh no by the time I got to my classroom ( I was in Respiratory School at the time) everyone was very frantic. Our professor insisted we continue on in class just like nothing had happened... but dispite his best efforts our minds were all elsewhere.


Picture from 2001

Memorial servicies today


I remember after school my roommates were a little crazy inisting we all run out and fill up our cars because fuel was going to be crazy and that maybe we should all go home to our families. I wasn't too excited at the time... it took a few days for the gravity of the situation to sink in for me.

I did not have any exsperiences that could compare to the twin towers but I did lock myself out of the house for ~9 hours today... and that made the day less than ideal.

No comments: